Friday, December 7, 2007

The Little Girl!

As i walked past the new ice cream out-let just in front of my bus stop , i noticed small kids eyeing strawberry ,chocolate and so many other flavours.Sitting so relaxed inside the refrigirator, no doubt the numerous flavours were enjoying the ogling from those little beautiful eyes!

Looking at those flavours even i feel like a small child.
I always believe giving my taste buds some exercise and try all the flavours, there I was cluthing the first stick in my hands with some tempting and mouth- watering butter scotch ice cream on it!
I could not resist smiling to myself as I remembered the moment when I had decked up as a softy ice cream in a fancy dress competition in first grade.All I said on stage was 'I Scream,You Scream We all Scream for Ice Scream" :-) and i bagged the first prize!!

Suddenly I felt some one pulling my bag,I turned and saw a little girl 'Begging' for may be a rupee? And i felt ashamed of even thinking of having an ice cream then.
Pulled back from my floating memories I saw a twinkle in the eyes of the kid as she was gazing at the pink,green,yellow cool enough pastes to make her feel hungry.I wanted to buy one for her,i just felt like buying her the full cart of ice cream,I just had this rush of feelings to let that twinkling gaze stay there in her eyes.I just felt like it then.
I asked what would be her pick ,and she simply pointed to the one sitting closest to her high held hand.There she was,with the cone in her hand,happiest person on planet earth so excited and simply cotent.She quietly finished and did not even ask for more,As i paid the bill she walked past me with an expression as if she had just won the whole world.I still hold that moment as a reward from God to me,just for doing nothin.

I can never forget that girl, and even now everytime I buy an ice cream for myself I always look if there is a kid around.!. I just keep Hoping to be blessed again.

No comments: